We all have different dreams when it comes to voyaging. Some of us may want to visit some deserts and witness the endless swathes of sand and there are people wishes to go for some adventurous trekking trip. But I always wanted to get lost into the pristine and unexplored beauty that only an island destination can provide. And for Indians, why travel over seven seas and go to Hawaii, Santorinin and all when we have our Hidden Paradise- The great Andaman And Nicobar Islands, Nestled in the heart of the Bay of Bengal and offers a heady mixture of nature, culture and history.
Andaman- A minuscule cluster of island surrounded by turquoise water of ocean. You may wonder What can you possibly expect from traveling to such a place? Well my Andaman journey with AndamanEscapes presented me with a thousands reasons to travel to this Hidden Paradise again and again. You will find plenty of options when you search for Tour Packages to Andaman and coming from Bangalore, I have found my trip organizers more customized and budget friendly one. The tour packages of AndamanEscapes let you enjoy the endless attractions here on marked down rates.
It was really a quick getaway that was not too expensive at the same time relaxing and calming. With the lush green forests and spectacular views of water, there is no doubt why it is called the Garden of Eden.
- Neil Island– I had a ferry boat trip to Neil Island.This minuscule and beautiful island is full of pristine coral reefs, and endless shorelines and the popular attractions include Laxmanpur Beach, Bharatpur beach, Howrah Bride and so on.
- Havelock Island- Havelock Island is close to Port Blair. This island gives unpolluted environment and unexplored sightseeing attractions.
Visited Asia’s one of the best beaches- Radha Nagar Beach. For an environment lover, Radhanagar and Vijayanagar Beach in Havelock are real exposures of an unpolluted natural beauty of Andaman.
- Cellular Jail– the symbol of Indian independent activities in British era and also you will be witnessing the enthralling light&sound show where you will be taken to the heroic saga of Indian freedom struggle. The show is exhibited in both Hindi and English languages.
- Mount Harriet– It is the second highest peaks in Andaman and Nicobar islands and offers a magnificent view of the Port Bliar’s cluster of islands.
- Chidiya Tapu– In afternoon visit Chidiya Tapu, where you can witness lush green mangroves and beautiful beaches with an awe-inspiring sunset.
- Ross Island- Ross island, which is protected by the Indian navy where you can witness many reminiscent of the British regime.
This stunning island homes the ruins of old buildings like Ballroom, Chief Commissioner’s House, Church, Hospital. Troop Barracks and so on.
- Coral Island- the best spot to explore fascinating corals and underwater marine life. There are options for snorkeling
- Chatham Island, National Marine Museum-Naval marine Museum(Samudrika)- It is run by the Indian navy and you can have a peak at all artifacts of this island paradise here including biodiversity, history, anthropology and exquisite marine life.
- Chatham Saw Mill– It is the Asia’s biggest and oldest saw mill and located at Chatham Island, which homes the principle territory island harbor.
- Anthropological Museum- Simply the best Museum in Port Blair and provide vast information about the island’s local communal tribes.
- Fisheries museum– Exhibits the artifacts of exquisite marine life over here
What to Pack for Beaches?
Have you ever faced such situation where you felt like you should have packed this and that? Your holiday might get dampened if you forget some basic essentials. So keep this few things in your bags before head out to explore this island beauty.
- Beachwear: Even though, there a vast various attractions over here, your trip not going to get completed unless you have an amazing time over those spectacular beaches. Ultimately it is a beach side spot and you would have to come across a lot of sand, sea and sun. And if you are planning a quick dip, don’t forget to add beach wear at least some shorts. Beaches here are sunny and warm so the fabric need to be light. Preferable options are:
- Sleeveless Clothes
- Footwear– Again you cant avoid taking in sand and sea into account while choosing your footwear. When you are traveling and sightseeing you can wear whatever you are comfortable with. But when you are out there enjoying sun-basking or a lazy day at shore the footwear must be something light, waterproof and especially not too expensive. Preferable options are
- Beach Shoes
- Track Shoes
- Plastic Slippers
- Sunscreen: With these amazing Andaman honeymoon packagesthat are arranged from all the major cities like Hyderabad, Mumbai, Ahmadabad will let you enjoy a lot of time on the beaches, indulging in some fun-filled activities or waterspouts. And I would say, every beach is worth exploring. So it is advisable if your carry some sunscreen lotion if your skin is vulnerable to warm climate to avoid too much
- Towels: When you are out there enjoying the beach, it would be better if you carry some towels to dry yourself after a quick dip in the water.
Activities to Enjoy
It was really a thriving hub of adrenaline junkies and there were numerous adventures to indulge with.
It was the most captivating experience of my Andaman trip at Havelock Island. Sailing like a fish, you will come close to a new enthralling world of underwater world of Andaman sea. Watching those exquisite coral reefs and exceptional aquatic life would be a once in a lifetime experience for you.
- Island Camping
There are endless opportunities for island camping in Andaman. All the essential facilities were provided by the travel agents for the camping at Radha Nagar Beach and Neil Island.
- Adventures at Water Sport Complex
It is located in the city of Port Blair and offer various enthralling water adventures. There was an artificial waterfall inside the complex which was an amazing attraction. You can choose the activities according to your interests here.
- Wildlife safari
Andaman is blessed with an exceptional thriving biodiversity and a tropical climate all year-around. So the wildlife sari was filled with exploration of variety species of plants, flowers, animals, birds and reptiles.